The ICCT seeks an experienced, hands-on accountant for our Senior Accountant position. You must be organized and detail-oriented with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude. The Senior Accountant works closely with members of the management team and the program staff to effectively and efficiently run the daily operations of all aspects of our organizational finances.
To succeed, you must have direct, recent experience with grants/cost accounting and revenue recognition because the ICCT has numerous foundation grants that support over 50 programs and initiatives. Additionally, you must understand and execute net asset allocations across multiple grants. This position reports directly to the Controller and has an internal-facing, organization-wide focus.
- Maintain the financial integrity of the organization through adherence to internal controls and standard operating procedures;
- Oversee and maintain the General Ledger and Accounts Payable, including actual posting and recording of transactions;
- Process bi-weekly payroll in Payroll Network;
- Keep the Executive Director, Controller, and other members of the management team up to date on organizational financial position and any potential issues and concerns;
- Prepare reconciliations for the annual audit and work with the auditors to expedite the audit process and create a good audit outcome;
- Reconcile bank accounts, process deposits, and initiate bank transfers as needed;
- Supervise and manage one junior accounting staff; and
- Work effectively and efficiently with all internal staff, external vendors/contractors, and others.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, CPA credential a plus;
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as an accountant with responsibility for grants/cost accounting, net asset allocations, audit processes, budgets, reporting, and execution of daily accounting operations;
- Excellent accounting and math skills, combined with great organizational skills, the capacity to determine priorities, and timely execution of tasks;
- Great written and verbal communication combined with great cultural competency and interpersonal skills, plus can speak clearly and in non-technical terms so that non-finance staff easily understand and can act on financial matters;
- Some past experience supervising junior accountants;
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and a positive, friendly, professional workplace demeanor;
- Experience with Intacct, Nexonia, or other expense reporting systems;
- Some experience with payroll processing desired, however not required; and
- Experience with EU and/or Chinese entities very helpful, with proficiency in German and/or Chinese a plus.
This position will be based in our Washington, DC office (close to the Orange Line Metro). We offer a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. We offer an excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance for the employee, substantial paid vacation, and other benefits. Salary TBD based on experience and education.
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations, and three professional references to email@example.com (subject line: "Sr. Acct"). Salary TBD based on experience and education. Due to the nature of our organization, only applicants who have current grants/cost accounting experience will be considered! Please highlight the amount of this experience in your cover letter. Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.