The Institutional Giving Manager is a senior level development position responsible for securing and managing approximately $10 million in annual revenue from US and international foundations and government sources. Reporting to the Director of Development and Operations, supervising the Grants and International Collaborations Coordinator and working closely with program staff, this person will manage the full funding lifecycle including funder engagement strategies, proposal development and project reporting. This is a new position created in response to ICCT's growth. The Institutional Giving Manager will assume responsibility for many of our 30+ existing funding streams and is also expected to identify and secure new revenues. This is an ideal position for a self-driven individual with five or more years' experience with institutional giving who is looking to expand their skillsets in an innovative but process-driven international organization.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and implement a wide range of activities in support of strategic planning, external relationship management and complex funding opportunities.
- Identify new funding streams by staying current on funding trends, researching aligned funders and partnerships, monitoring sites for RFPs and talking with program staff. Create and execute action plans to pursue the opportunities and secure funding.
- Manage the proposal process including coordinating with program staff to draft narratives, developing supporting materials, interfacing with finance on project budgets, overseeing the internal review process and submitting to funders.
- Coordinate funder stewardship to ensure ICCT's foundation funders are briefed on policy opportunities and program strategy, engaged with senior ICCT staff and receive high-quality and timely project updates.
- Through supervision of the Grants and International Collaborations Coordinator, oversee a range of activities related to monitoring and evaluating grants and contracts. This includes participating in project kick offs and closings, reviewing grant reports and monitoring project spending against proposal budgets.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Operations to maintain a current and future year revenue forecast, align fundraising priorities with program/regional priorities and contribute to organizational budgeting.
- A bachelor's or higher degree in a relevant field of study
- At least five years' experience raising and managing funding from foundation and/or government sources. Familiarity with environmental, health and/or international philanthropy is preferred.
- Proven grant writing success including the capacity to translate complex technical information into strong and clear messages
- Excellent research, critical thinking, writing and public presentation skills. Critical and creative thinker
- Knowledge of prospect research methods, best practices in funder stewardship and trends in institutional giving
- Experience supervising employees and an ability to lead and collaborate with staff at all levels within an organization
- Familiarity with basic accounting and/or managing budgets
- Demonstrated organization skills with a strong attention to detail and adept at managing competing priorities and tight timelines
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar content management database
- An interest in transportation, climate change and health impacts
This position will be based in our Washington, DC office. We offer a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. We offer an excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance for the employee, substantial paid vacation, and other benefits. Salary TBD based on experience and education.
To apply, please send resume and a cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com (subject line: "Institutional Giving Manager"). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. The ICCT is looking to fill this position as soon as possible and the position will remain open until filled. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.