The ICCT seeks a highly committed, self-motivated person to contribute to a wide range of research on policies, technologies and strategies to make freight transportation cleaner and more efficient. We hope to fill the position in our San Francisco or Washington DC, office as soon as possible. The length of the Fellowship is negotiable, from 3 to 12 months.
- Support research projects on emerging issues at the intersection of vehicle technology, operations, and environmental policymaking with a focus on the reduction of freight emissions;
- Research, collect, compile, and analyze heavy-duty vehicle and freight data;
- Develop models for estimating the costs and benefits of freight emission reduction technologies and strategies;
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses of technology and operational strategies to reduce freight emissions;
- Write clear, strong technical reports, policy briefings, and articles to summarize ICCT’s research for key stakeholders; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, economics, or related disciplines;
- Demonstrated interest and experience studying and evaluating the freight sector, including vehicle and fuel regulations, green freight programs, and green freight technologies and strategies;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills, including strong proficiency with data manipulation and modeling. Data visualization skills a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred (especially Spanish); and
- Highly organized, self-directed, and collaborative;
This is a full-time, temporary position (40 hours/week) from 3 to 12 months. It includes health insurance. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The position(s) will be based in ICCT’s San Francisco or Washington, D.C. office. The position is open immediately and will remain open until filled.
The ICCT is an independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports effective policy-making on climate change and public health by providing timely, accurate, data-driven research and advice to regulators, NGOs, and other stakeholders. The ICCT has offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter (indicating interest, ideal start state and fellowship duration, and any salary requirements), resume, 1-2 writing samples, and contact information for three professional references (letters not necessary) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Green freight fellow” (all documents as attachments). No calls, no follow-up emails, and no recruiters, please. Equal opportunity employer.