The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) seeks a Fellow to contribute to our highly influential research concerning the energy and climate impacts of transportation sector policies in Europe, US, China and other key vehicle markets. The position will provide robust analysis and modeling of the global transportation sector to inform and support ICCT's activities on all major transportation modes. Model results will be used to inform better policies and strategies to reduce transportation sector energy consumption and GHG emissions.
Under the direction of a Lead Model Developer in the Transportation Roadmap program, the position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Compile, validate, and analyze transport data for multiple countries and modes.
- Collaborate with external partners to collect and improve transportation data.
- Monitor and report on trends in global transport energy use and GHG emissions.
- Update and expand our internal databases of "model-ready" data inputs.
- Analyze the energy and climate impacts of transportation sector policies.
- Validate modeled results against other transportation models and data sources.
- Upgrade model capabilities under the direction of a Lead Model Developer.
- Master's degree, or equivalent level of graduate coursework, or 2 years experience with transport sector energy and climate data analysis and modeling.
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Proficiency with a programming language for data analysis is required. Experience with Python for data analysis is highly desirable.
- Excellent data organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Collaborative, flexible, and positive attitude.
This is a full-time, temporary position (40 hours/week) for 6 months. It includes health insurance and paid time off benefits. Compensation is based on experience. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment contingent on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The position location will be in our San Francisco, CA office.
Please send your resume, cover letter, a sample of your analytical work, and the names and contact information for three professional references (letters not necessary) to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Global Transportation Energy and Climate Modeling and Data Analytics” as your message’s subject heading. Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled.
No calls and no recruiters, please. Equal Opportunity Employer.