The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic person to contribute to a wide range of research on electric vehicle technology, charging infrastructure, and policies. Representative work can be seen at this link to the ICCT’s electric vehicle page. We hope to fill one position each in our San Francisco, California, and Washington, D.C., offices as soon as possible. The length of the Fellowship is negotiable, from 6 to 12 months.
- Analyze best practices to promote the deployment of electric vehicles, critically assessing the role of regulations, incentives, and charging infrastructure;
- Quantify energy-saving, emission-reduction, and cost implications of electric vehicle technologies;
- Collect data and maintain databases on vehicle technology data;
- Help facilitate policy and technical exchanges for policymakers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, transportation, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest and experience studying electric vehicles, batteries, and charging infrastructure;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred;
- Superior proficiency with MS Office and other research software;
- Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude; and
- English fluency required with proficiency in another language a bonus.
This is a full-time, temporary position (40 hours/week) from 6 to 12 months. It includes health insurance. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The position(s) will be based in the ICCT’s San Francisco or Washington, D.C. office.
The ICCT is an independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports effective policy-making on climate change and public health by providing timely, accurate, data-driven research and advice to regulators, NGOs, and other stakeholders. The ICCT has offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, any salary requirement, 1-2 relevant writing samples, contact information for three professional contacts (all documents as attachments). Please state your preference for the San Francisco or Washington DC office to email@example.com with a subject line of either “EV Fellow – San Francisco” or “EV Fellow - Washington DC”. Please state your ideal start date and fellowship duration. No calls, no follow-up emails, and no recruiters, please. Equal opportunity employer.