The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic person to contribute to a wide range of research on electric vehicle technology and policies to promote vehicle electrification in India. Representative work can be seen at these links to the ICCT’s electric vehicle page. We expect the successful candidate to work across a range of technical and policy areas, and take on other projects as the need arises.
• Analyze best practices to promote the deployment of electric vehicles, critically assessing the role of regulations, incentives, charging infrastructure, and consumer outreach programs;
• Quantify energy-saving, emission-reduction, and cost implications of electric and other advanced efficiency vehicle technologies;
• Collect data and maintain databases on vehicle technology data;
• Help facilitate policy and technical exchanges for policymakers;
• Develop relationships with other international experts, government officials, and local organizations;
• Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects based on need; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in engineering, transportation, chemistry, biology, physics, economics, or related field;.
• Demonstrated interest in vehicle technology, climate change, air quality, energy, environment, public health, or related topics; familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred;
• Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred;
• Superior proficiency with MS Office and other research software;
• Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude; and
• Some domestic (within India) travel required.
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work effectively with people from across the globe. You must be able to connect research to policy and translate technical information to stakeholders. Ideally, this position will be based in New Delhi, although other location options within India may be considered.
The ICCT is an independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports effective policy-making on climate change and public health by providing timely, accurate, data-driven research and advice to regulators, NGOs, and other stakeholders. The ICCT has offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations, writing samples, and three professional references (all documents as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “India EV Associate Researcher”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. Please state your ideal start date. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters.
Equal opportunity employer.