The International Council on Clean Transportation seeks a creative and tech-savvy associate to join the communications team in its Washington, DC, office. This individual will have a significant role in creating and producing ICCT's online content and managing ICCT's websites and social media channels.
Examples of work to be performed could include: scripting, producing, and editing short "explainer" videos, in collaboration with ICCT researchers and program analysts; developing data visualizations or interactive charts or maps; tracking web and social media analytics; writing and editing content for the web to summarize and explain ICCT research and analyses; posting content to ICCT's websites and social media channels; assisting the communications director in managing ICCT's network and IT assets.
The ideal candidate will be at home online, comfortable with numbers, talented with words and graphics, a stickler for detail, eager to learn, unafraid to tackle problems they don't know how to solve. This is a great opportunity for a junior-level self-starter to join a growing communications team and have a real impact on climate and clean-air policy around the world.
- Knowledge of web technologies, applications, and scripting languages
- Experience maintaining websites built on either Drupal or Wordpress platforms
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video editing, audio recording and editing
- Knowledge of social media and website analytics
- Demonstrable interest in environmental policy broadly defined; knowledge of climate and/or transportation policy in particular a plus
- Superior writing skills
- Familiarity with Mac OS a plus
- 2–3 years relevant experience
The ICCT is a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse organization in which intellectual curiosity, flexibility, and good humor are highly valued. We offer an excellent benefits package, including a commuting subsidy. Learn more at www.theicct.org.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and either writing sample or other relevant portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Communications Associate”). No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.