The ICCT seeks a highly committed, positive, self-motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance/Accounting Team in our Washington, DC office. The person in this role prepares all grant reports and budget proposals, plus interfaces directly with development and program staff by tracking and reporting on projects, regions, and grants.
Position responsibilities include:
- Prepare, review, and deliver all grant reporting for the organization under the direction of the Controller;
- Ongoing analysis of overall organizational financial health, labor rates, actual expenditures vs. budgets, variance analysis, cash flow, and related;
- Track and account for grants, contracts, and program initiatives and projects;
- Generate regular grants reporting for internal and external use, plus lead development of grant budget proposals;
- Assist with annual budget process in collaboration with the management team;
- Help with audit prep and responses to audit issues; and
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideal prior experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting experience, combined with a thorough understanding of standard accounting practices;
- 2+ years of grants or contracts accounting, budgeting, and reporting experience within a non-profit funded by private foundations, an international NGO, government agency (EPA or other), or consulting environment;
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Meticulous attention to details and strong organizational skills;
- Great interpersonal communication skills including written and verbal skills, combined with an upbeat, solutions-oriented attitude;
- Highly self-motivated and works well in both a team environment and individually;
- Recent experience working in/with integrated, cloud-based reporting systems and a very strong preference for candidates with Intacct and/or Salesforce experience;
- Requires strong Excel skills including pivot tables; and
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other relevant subject.
To be successful in our business casual environment, you must possess intellectual rigor, curiosity, intrinsic motivation, and share in our mission-driven enthusiasm. You also enjoy working with a diverse group of people around the globe in a collaborative, dynamic workplace. If you speak a second language, that is a plus, especially Chinese or German! The ICCT offers a competitive salary based on experience plus an excellent benefits package, including a transportation subsidy. Immediate opening! Local candidates preferred, although relocation may be an option for the right person.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations, a writing sample, and three professional references (all documents as attachments) to email@example.com (subject line: “Sr Fin Analyst”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letter directly address this position. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.