Enjoy the tactical aspects of HR? Want to leverage your HR experience in a part-time role? Interested in helping an environmental non-profit be more successful?
If you answered yes to the questions above and have strong generalist skills, ICCT has a great opportunity for you to have a flexible 16-20 hours/week Human Resources Manager position. In this new role, you are responsible for management and execution of HR functions. The HR position works on a range of matters including compensation, group benefits administration, employee relations, full-cycle recruiting, talent management, HR compliance, and others. The position also provides input on HR matters to ICCT’s leadership team to assist in establishment of longer-range human resources goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Maintain an effective, responsive human resources function and structure that aligns with organizational goals and culture while managing risks appropriately;
- Oversee full cycle recruiting and support hiring managers and other staff with interviews and selection, plus negotiate job offers and facilitate great onboarding experiences for new hires;
- Advise managers at all levels on employee relations matters, including performance management, staff motivation, corrective action, and other similar matters, providing excellent internal customer service;
- Administer all health and welfare group benefits, process and ensure proper records, audit insurance bills, and evaluate and improve benefits package on an ongoing basis;
- Ensure legal compliance and proper record-keeping for all aspects of the HR function;
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity and credibility at all times in alignment with organizational values; and
- Collaborate with accounting to keep HRIS/payroll/technology systems updated and leverage systems to provide insights and data for HR decision-making.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in human resources as a generalist in all or most areas of HR including full-cycle recruiting, compensation benchmarking, employee relations, training, staff development, performance management, etc.;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or comparable work experience, with an advanced degree a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, relates well to people from diverse backgrounds, and high EQ;
- Must be an energetic, solutions-oriented person with sound operational/tactical HR skills, great analytical ability, a positive attitude, and great judgment;
- Experienced with employer group benefits and benefits administration activities and possesses a "big picture" perspective as well as understanding the day-to-day operational effects of decisions;
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR credential very strongly preferred; and
- Past experience in non-profit environments, with international HR and/or with employees on different types of immigration visas, interest in environmental issues, proficiency in second languages (Chinese or German) all helpful, although not required.
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work effectively with people from across the globe. The ICCT offers a competitive hourly rate DOE for this part-time position, limited benefits, and a transportation subsidy. This position is located in our Washington, DC office. No relocation available.
To apply please email your resume, cover letter, including your wage requirement, two writing samples, and three professional references as an attachment (.doc, .docx, .pdf) to email@example.com with the subject line “HRM.” No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.